Wednesday, September 24, 2008

City to Bay

Hi Everyone

I had another good race on Sunday at the city to bay. I really enjoyed my time at home as well. I arrived on the Friday night at 9pm and left on the Sunday at 3pm so sorry if I missed anyone. I was smiling the whole time I was home and was so happy to catch-up.

Prior to leaving on Friday I did a run for charity called the Foxtel Lap. I was struggling after a 4 session day on Thursday that included a swim, gym session, 80km ride and 7km run. You jump on your company’s treadmill and run as far as you can in the allocated time. It was very successful for Deloitte. I won the woman’s, Andrew Stewart won the men’s and Deloitte ran the furthest of any of the teams. I maxed the treddy out at 16kmphr!

I attended Leon’s swim session and run on Saturday morning and then went to the hair dresser. Then straight up to Mike’s mum’s for lunch and a chat. Then we stopped by the expected parents Angie and Mike for another quite chat. We also went to see the Mummy 3 at the movies that night. I didn’t rate it as much as the previous two movies.

Sunday morning arrived way too quickly and I was up at 5.30am to head down to race start. After listening to my tunes and then going for a warm up (which included a bathroom stop at the train station that scored me a bag of Natural Confectionary Lollies!) I was at the start line ready to go.

I was not sure what to do about tactics etc so I followed Leon’s advice and went out 5 seconds below my race pace for the first 3km. I was able to hold 3.15s for 4km and then got into a rhythm in 3.20s. The field quickly strung out and at 4km it was me and the eventual winner running shoulder to shoulder. She was able to hold 3.15 pace for the whole race so she started to creep away. I passed the 10km mark in 33.28! a mega PB and went on to run 2nd for the 12km in 40.15 (3.05 minutes quicker than last year!).




Special thanks go to Ian Wynn and Leon for helping me after hyperventilating at the line and Shane Johnson for pacing me during the last few kilometres. Also thanks to everyone who has provided me with their support over the past few months. It really does make a difference.

I am off to the AIS in two weeks (leaving on the 4th of Oct so I may miss those doing the GC half if you don’t arrive early) for a camp and then my next race is Noosa and then HK Disneyland. Then I will be home for Christmas after a camp at South Golden Beach Yeah! I will do a Gatti and the Acquathlon when I am home. For those I don’t see at Noosa or prior to the GC half, I will see you at Christmas.

Cheers

Sarah

No comments: