Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ryan's Visit

Hi

Well...three weeks ago I brought Ryan Davison back from Adelaide after the City to Bay. He was up in QLD for two weeks to see what the life of a professional triathlete entails. It turned out to be two of the hardest weeks of training I had done since training with the group and am extremely impressed that Ryan could cope (with shining colours) with the whole program without complaining once.

It was not quite the intensity we had faced in recent months but the volume was huge. We had several 100km rides during the week coupled with weights, long runs and mentally challenging swim sets.

I think Ryan was impressed with the group and he definitely benefited from the tough program achieving a 1km swim PB in 50m pool. I was totally stuffed but I think having Ryan around helped to push me to a new level at swimming achieving 6pb's in the pool in one week!

Ryan now knows what he needs to do to make an impression at the Run-away bay camp later this year. Good luck mate!

Sarah

No comments: