Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bridge to Brisbane

Hi Everyone

Well i had a very successful race at the Bridge to Brisbane. 2nd in a time of 34.22 (29th overall)! I was really happy with the time given that we are in heavy training and we had a swim and 80km ride the day before. All I wish was that I had a little speed in the last Km to take out first. Hopefully this will change once we start track work.

I was actually winning the race (to my surprise) until the 9.2km mark. I just didn't have any speed in my legs when I tried to surge. The girl who won was a very solid runner having won the Gold Coast Half this year. I came home in front of Ashley Gentle and Felicity Abram.



I think I was effected at the end by the large Bridge at the start. My first Km was 3.45 which is slow. I did the first 5km in 16.40 which is 3.20 pace. I must have slowed to 3.30 pace in the last 5km. The plan was to go out pretty solid and see where my running is at because I have made some large improvements lately and wanted to know what I was capable of.



Anyway, looking forward to seeing you all this weekend.



See you soon.



Sarah

No comments: