Monday, November 5, 2012

Mandurah 70.3

A couple of weeks ago I raced the Ironman 70.3 Australian Pro Championships in Manduarah WA. I placed 4th behind Mel Rollison, Liz Blatchford and Radka Vodickova.  It was a top field and all the girls performed at their best.

I was focused on improving my swim and for the first time this year I left the water in touch of the race leaders. I road solidly on the bike but did not overcook it knowing that the run was going to be hot and brutal. There was a strong head wind on the second lap of the bike which made moving through the field difficult. I started out on the run in six with Belinda Granger (I followed her wise advice and slowly pegged back the lead group). I soon passed Lisa Marangon and then at the end of the first lap I moved into fourth passing Kat Baker. There was a huge race on at the front of the race with Liz and Mel fighting for 1st. I had to settle for fourth with Radka out of touch.

Picture: Modo

I am very pleased with this result; it was a strong and controlled race and my fastest time.Top five results below:

1. Melissa Hauschildt  04:03:55   
2. Liz Blatchford  04:04:45          
3. Radka Vodickova  04:08:59     
4. Sarah Crowley  04:15:10       
5. Rebecca Hoschke  04:17:22 

Thanks to Endura, Brooks and CompresSport for their continued support.

Also, big thanks to Matty Hopper from Avanti Plus the Valley calming me down after a wheel mechanical on the Saturday.


No comments: