Monday, May 7, 2012

Noosa Winter Festival

This weekend was week three of Red Dog on tour with a large number of the training group heading north for the Noosa Winter Festival. There were a bunch that headed up on the bike on Friday, however, due to work commitments my trip had to wait until Friday night.

Ok, so I think sometimes working a professional job and trying to train like a professional athlete leaves me with batter brain. It took me and my friend Bel until the Emundi turn off to realise we had forgotten something.... Did you put the bike on the roof?

Nonetheless, we arrived at Noosa to a fantastic BBQ and some great company.

Saturday saw the group head to the little cove for the open water swim. I did the 2km swim in the 29 and below cagetory with Bri. Thee would have to have been 10 or more other Red Dogs who took up the opportunity to swim one of the most beautiful swims on the calendar.  It was on within the group with a number of the gang preparing for show downs aginst each other later in the season. Swimming is not a massive strong point but I was pretty stoked with my effort. Second in my age, my first swimming achievement since the age of 12. Afterwards I caught up with Nick from Endura, as Endura were sponsoring the event. www.endura.com.au.

Sunday was a big day, I was surprised to realise it was my first ever proper half marathon. I had done two half ironmans and one team but never a half marathon in its own right. I was actually nervous. Not sure what to expect I stuck very closely to Redman's instructions. It was great to have lots of friends at the start line and a really good standard of girls to race. I was happy with my race 4th overall and 1hour 20minutes form my time. It was awesome to see all the Red Dog's out on the course cheering and giving stats.




I didn't have to coach or work on Monday due to the labour day holiday but there was a ride back to Brisbane planned. How you may ask without a bike? Well many thanks to a kind member of the training group who lent me a bike for the trip back.

Well done everyone on a great weekend. Its a lot of fun seeing everyone out there and even better when you hear the great results people are starting to achieve.

No comments: