Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Catch up on this year

Ok .....I have not posted for a long while. Busy training racing and now back working. Well its never to late to get back into things. Excuse me if I start off somewhere random having not commented on the ITU World Champ season in 2009 a couple of Noosa's and other various racing and training travels.

Last weekend I competed in the Hervey Bay Olympic Distance Triathlon, after which I started thinking about how much everyone is using social media my competitors, the race organisers the sponsors. I thought it was time to start getting into the spirit of it and would re-commence my blog.


It turns out I placed second at Hervey Bay. Following a pretty hectic week at work and a long drive up the afternoon before. I feel it was the first real race where I have felt a return to some form. I had far more control over my racing and was able to moderate the bike to smash out the run. Long time coming after a full year off from formal coached trainign in 2010 and a building year in 2011 where I principally focused on riding with Pure Tasmania and Deloitte Cycle team in the NRS. To be honest all the full time training has laid a pretty stong base for me now.

The race before that was Mooloolaba where I won the open category (with a 12 day old broken rib!). The run was a little painful but I had a strong first 5km.


I am looking to attempt selection for the Elite Australian Long Course Team to race in Spain in July but before then my training will be focused on getting Mike through Cairns. He's in full swing and will go great guns.


On other fronts, I have had my Level 1 coaching verified and am now a fully-fledged coach, which I feel is a new step for me. I have already been allocated a wind trainer session with  Red Dog on Monday mornings. Check out details via the website http://www.reddogtriathlontraining.com/.


Below are my 2012 race results:
8 January 12 Resolution Fun Run (11km) 1st Female

14 January 12 Gatorade QTS race 4 – Robina 3rd Open Female

5 February 12 Goondiwindi – Hell of the West 1st Elite Female

Article http://www.firstoffthebike.com/races/2603-goondiwindi-the-hell-of-the-west


19 February 12 Kingscliff triathlon 2nd Elite Female

4 March 12 Dalby triathlon 1st Open Female

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story/2012/03/05/sporty-dalby-puts-on-a-show/


25 March 12 Mooloolaba triathlon 1st Open Female

21 April 12 Hervey Bay triathlon 2nd Open Female

 http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/story/2012/04/23/lampe-seidel-victorious/  


2012 Proposed Race Calendar

Date Race

6 May 2012 ½ Marathon – Noosa Winter Festival, Queensland, AUS

12 May 2012 Byron Bay Triathlon, Queensland, AUS

3 June 2012 Cairns 70.3 Ironman, Queensland, AUS

29 July 2012 ITU Long Course World Championships, Vitoria, ESP

5 August 2012 70.3 Boulder, Colorado, USA

19 August 2012 70.3 Yeppoon, Queensland, AUS

28 October 2012 70.3 Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS

4 November 2012 Noosa Triathlon, Queensland, AUS



Hopefully all goes to plan. I will be blogging more now and will include training details and insights.
.
Thanks also to Brooks for all the support over the years.

Sarah

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com