Monday, August 19, 2013

Run June




After returning from cairns running was my priority. I set the goal of doing a fun run each weekend in June culminating in the Gold Coast half in early July. Races included the new city2south, the run away bay series, the Sunshine Coast run series and the Gold Coast half.

The inaugural city2south was great and I recommend the race next year. It was hilly and challenging but rewarding also. Emma Jackson took the race out in a fantastic performance running through ten in 34 minutes. I ended up with just on 4m Kim's which was pleasing at the stage of rehab.

I improved the run by 1m per 10km run for each of the runs and ran the Gold Coast half in sub 4m Kms. It was a swift curve driven by a bucket load of running.




Ready for the next phase... Putting it together in July/August before Vegas.

No comments: